Tips & Tricks
12 Ways to Brighten Dull Skin
Long days and even longer nights can leave you feeling exhausted—and as a direct result, your skin looking just as dull and weary. It’s high time to brighten up! Here, twelve easy ways to refresh and revitalize an obviously tired complexion.
On a lifelong quest for skin that’s soft and smooth as a baby’s bottom? No need to shell out for pricey primping products; it all boils down to stringently following these simple tips for soft skin. Here, your new sexy, supple skin battle plan.
1. Eat Right, Look Great. It’s really that simple. A well-rounded diet full of omega-3 fatty acids and oil-rich fish, fruits and vegetables isn’t just beneficial to your waistline—it’s also helps increase collagen production, which in turn is great for your complexion. For good measure, take your vitamins as well. Vitamin C repels colds but is also works as a brightening agent that does your skin a world of wonder.
2. Off With the Old.Those dead skin cells constantly collecting on the surface of your face? Nothing will bring them back to life, so exfoliate regularly to get rid. Whether you prefer to use a sloughing cleanser, a granular scrub or a textured washcloth, word to the wise: Too much scrubbing can be damaging to your skin, so limit this step to two times a week.
3. Brighten Up. Want to instantly illuminate a dull, uneven complexion? Cleansing micro-breads exfoliate to brighten skin with Olay Regenerist Luminous Brightening Cream Cleanser. It removes residual dirt and makeup leaving skin feeling smooth and looking brighter.
4. Smooth and Soften. When it comes to skin, dull and dry walks hand in hand. If hyper-pigmentation is your biggest dermal dilemma, try the Olay ProX Tone Correcting Protocol collection. In the morning, gently massage the Anti-Oxidant UV Blocker Sheer Daily Moisturizer SPF 35 into your skin. (This lightweight hydrator fights free radicals and harmful UV rays.) At night, smooth the Brightening Renewal Cream all over your face and neck. While you’re slumbering, it’s working overtime to nourish your skin and balance out its uneven texture and tone.
5. Face Aglow.Avoid full-coverage foundations—your best bet is to rely on a BB or CC cream to cover up any dark marks and minor imperfections. Heavy foundations and powders tend to give already flat skin an even drabber appearance, which can make you look drawn and tired (not to mention older).
6. Stay Safe. Aside from being incredibly detrimental to your health, UV damage can also make your skin look discolored and dreary. Sidestep a drab dermis by using a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a protection rating of 15 or more every single day, even in the dead of winter. Beauty bonus: Look for a daily moisturizer or BB cream with sunscreen built-in.
7. Spot Check. A cluster of brown spots—resulting from the sun or aggressive acne—can cause your skin to look rather lackluster. Banish blemishes and dark patches with the Spot Fading Treatment from the Olay ProX Tone Correcting Protocol collection. Dab it on areas of discoloration every morning and night to help brighten up your complexion and even out your skin tone.
8. Cleanse Well. Too much washing might make your face super clean, but it’ll also dry it out, making you look incredibly ashen as well. Twice a day with a cleanser that’s formulated for your specific skin type is more than enough.
9. Hydrate (Then Hydrate Some More). There are many reasons drinking lots of water is good for your body, and brighter skin is one of them. Drinking lots of H2O increases the blood flow to your skin, creating an overall healthy glow. Avoid excessive alcohol and caffeine as well; they strip away dermal moisture fast.
10. Don’t Skimp on Shut Eye. Sleeping allows every bit of your body to rest and regenerate—skin included. (Where do you think the phrase ‘beauty sleep’ comes from?) Stave off puffy, dark circles and bleary red eyes by just clocking a solid eight hours. Whenever that just isn’t possible, fake it and be quite generous with the eye cream come morning.
11. Ice, Ice, Baby. Cold showers are great for waking you up in an instant, and your skin has the same bright idea. Wrap an ice cube in a washcloth and pat it all over your tired face. The chilly temperature helps stimulate circulation and tighten your pores, making your complexion appear brighter and smoother.
12. Derm Determined. You only get one face, so treat it accordingly. If you have cystic acne or any other serious skin issues that lifestyle and cosmetic changes can’t overcome, make an appointment with your dermatologist. S/he’ll be able to prescribe a remedy and specialized regimen that’s beneficial for you.
- khoshekh-the-black-cat likes this
- witchy-730 likes this
- mondegris likes this
- diotabi likes this
- simplegirlwithadreamortwo reblogged this from olay
- latranquille likes this
- whosays-veganscantrun likes this
- thetanyaproject likes this
- ohfeathergirl likes this
- everybodywasfeelingfine likes this
- fitzcandice likes this
- seabreezemedispa likes this
- lulucicle reblogged this from olay
- reginalampert likes this
- mudadawryyy likes this
- mconnie likes this
- veroniicarose likes this
- jesus-loves-us-all likes this
- a12347 likes this
- huddabuddha reblogged this from olay
- captainofficialishani likes this
- did-you-need-me likes this
- bubblelovesme likes this
- bubblelovesme reblogged this from olay
- love-beauty--blog reblogged this from olay
- melissaedo likes this
- spidermansweater likes this
- kagittanucak0709 likes this
- cut2thechasehollywood likes this
- nadiredayioglu likes this
- erenerculria likes this
- cathyngvyen likes this
- darkcherokee reblogged this from olay
- im-a-hippo reblogged this from olay
- rxraven likes this
- dmatty likes this
- fanfiction21 likes this
- ayyyymichele likes this
- diamondsfbl likes this
- thymeandspacespaghetti likes this
- meeting-me-soon likes this
- fiveateseventoo likes this
- koothrappali27 reblogged this from oh-nuuu
- peewies-playhouse reblogged this from olay
- oh-nuuu reblogged this from olay
- lifeinstylebycrystel likes this
- olay posted this